Why I'm here

I am father of three. I lost my job and was on the brink of financial ruin. I feared we were going to lose everything. I decided I was sick of being a slave to the man. I wanted to control my financial freedom. No more boss. No more glass ceiling and corporate politics. I wanted to stop living paycheck to paycheck. I wanted to be able to take my kids to school each morning and attend their special events. I wanted to control my paycheck by working hard and having unlimited earning potential. And I found a system that changed my life.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Great Story

A friend of mine posted this and I wanted to share it with all of you.  This was an amazing story of good will and pay it forward.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Story 1 - While shopping @ HyVee on E Euclid, I got in line behind a woman who had brought a $20 bill to buy her dinner/necessities.... She commented how she had hoped she'd have enuf, as it was all she had with her...she thought the sliced cheese was on sale....upon... a quick price check, it was not & put her *over*. She advised the cashier (who resembled a Living Ken doLL ~ btw) to remove the purchase from her bill...so the young high school worker who sacked her groceries fished thru the bag to remove it.

I said, "you take the cheese & I'll pay for it!" The woman refused my offer & thanked me, I flashed her my tray of ready made burgers that were going on my grill when I got home and said, "See! I'm getting burgers but I have the cheese @ home - You've GOT to have your cheese!!!"....the woman further refused.

It was NOT my intention to damage her pride. She could've had $500 back @ home for all that matters....but I know what it's like when you only have, so much money

I firmly told Ken, aka Josh H. to, "charge me for the cheese, do not put it back on the shelf and please send her w/ the cheese" He rung it up, passed the cheese to the lady and he smiled in acknowledgement of my pay it forward moment but said nothing more.

After she hesitantly took the cheese but beamed with thanks, she came towards me like she may want to go back in to the store thru the check out line, so I backed up my cart slightly to get out of her way.....she leaned in and said, "No, I want you to know that I went to the doctor today and found two lumps on my breast and you're just a lifesaver! TY!" She looked liked she could've cried. Heck, I could've cried as I could completely empathize as to her situation.

I hardly felt like a lifesaver but I Blessed her and her daughter who had caught up with her towards the end of sale in the line.....they went about their way and I paid for my purchase. Josh grinned from ear to ear @ me and asked for my fuel saver card....that was pmt enough for me - HaHa!!!!(jussss sayin!!!!)

Once I got back to the MadMaMaMiNiVaN I examined my receipt....NO WHERE on that receipt was I charged for the Kraft American sliced cheese. I immediately started bawling like a baby and I was even wearing my pigtaiLs today to truly complete the part!!!!!

I was truly touched by the impact Josh & I BOTH just made, over a $3 purchase that literally gave this woman the HOPE I'm certain she is desperately seeking in this scary time. May GOD BLESS her and anyone who stuck around to read this extremely long, short story ~ G<3d SPEED!!!!! — feeling blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment